Downhill Mountain Biking and Freeride Trails
We have 14 trails that range from green grade to black grade and have had
international acclaim from Mtb press and riders alike. All trails are
accessed by our uplift service (we are an uplift facility only) which is regarded as the best uplift service
in the UK.
We are open 5 days (Thursday to Monday) April to October, 4 days (Thursday to Sunday) from October to March.
Pre-book Full Day Uplift
To fully experience the Uplift Service at its best we highly recommend booking a full day ticket. The uplift service will do up to 20 runs a day. We recommend arriving as early as possible to get the most out of your day and spend your time at Antur 'Stiniog doing what you came to do ride, not push! The first uplift starts at 10am and runs until 4.15pm breaking for half an hour at 1pm for lunch.
You can book using our safe and secure on-line booking system. Simply go to book now. Please read our terms and conditions before booking.
On the Day - Non-Booked Riders:
If you do however turn up and there are available spaces then you are able to purchase a full day, half-day or single trip ticket. A half day session is a morning session from 10am - 1pm or an afternoon session from 1.30pm - 4.15pm.
Please do be aware that there is NO GUARANTEE you will get a seat as priority will always go to riders that have pre-booked a full days uplift on-line. We strongly advise booking in order to avoid disappointment. Please also check the booking page before you do 'just turn up' as on some occasions if we have no pre-booked riders then the Uplift may not always operate and will close for that day.
- Plwg a Plu – Plug and Feathers – Gwyrdd - Llwybr gwyrdd Antur i ddechreuwyr: 2km o lwybr sengl sy'n llifo'n hyfryd Our green graded beginner trail here at Antur, 2km of flowing beautiful single track
- Jymper – Jumper – Glas - Mae dwy ran i'r llwybr graddfa glas, cyn rhoi'r dewis i chi -hanner ffordd- o ymuno â'r gwyrdd neu'r coch... 'Cymysgwch eich lliwiau!' Blue graded dh trail that has 2 sections before giving you the option to join the green or a red at the mid-way point…..’The choice is yours’
- Shafft – Shaft – Glas - Mae cyfres o berms i'ch troelli bob cam lawr i'r man cychwyn eto! A series of berms twist you all the way down back to the pickup point!
- Capsan – Detonator – Coch - Arwynebedd mwy naturiol a digon o gyfle i hedfan. A more natural unsurfaced trail with plenty of ‘airtime’
- Scrybadub – Scrubadub – Coch - Sawl naid a berm i'ch arwain fel y gwynt at y Car Gwyllt! Jumps and berms will lead you into ‘Wildcart’ at Mach 10 speed!
- Car Gwyllt – Wildcart – Coch - Llwybr coch technegol a chreigiog! Technical red trail with rocks aplenty!
- Lein Meehhh – Meehhh Line – coch - Mae dros 30 naid yn ein llinell i'w neidio neu eu rowlio....'I'r awyr amdani' Antur’s jump line with over 30 jumps which are all rollable…….’Airtime’
- Drafft – Draft – coch - Croeswch o'r bont uchaf i'r man cychwyn ar y llwybr technegol yma. Traverse from the top bridge to the pick-up point on this tech trail.
- Y Du – The Black – Du - Garw, creigiog, anwastad, a didrugaredd! Ein llwybr mwyaf technegol - fe'ch rhybuddwyd! Rough,rocky,rugged,and relentless! Our most technical trail – You have been warned!
- Powdwr Du-Black Powder-Du - Creigiog a thechnegol a digon o gyfle i hedfan. Dim i'r gwan galon! Rocky and technical with plenty of airtime! Not for the faint hearted!
- Ail- Bowdwr-Re- Powder-Du - Mae'n gadael y Powdwr Du a chynnig llwybr ychydig llai technegol. Branches off Black Powder and offers a slightly less technical run.
- Bendigeidfran-Bendy-G – Du - Tynn, troellog, a llwyth o hwyl naturiol. Yn gadael y Powdwr Du o'r bont isaf. Llwybr gwyllt a gwlyb. Tight, twisty, and heaps of natural fun. Branches off Black Powder from the bottom bridge and expect some ‘wildness in the wet’
- Neidiadau’r Cae – Field Jumps – Du – Neidiadau mwyf a’r seit yn gyrru chi’n ol I’r man cychwyn. Largest jumps on site take you back to the pick- up point.
- Trac Naid – Jump Track – coch – trac naid wrth y man parcio gwylod, 10 naid a llwybyr nol fynu. Jump trail located near the car park, 10 jumps and a link back up.
Took my two sons, one 14, one 12, and we had an excellent time. After
the initial fear of ascending the hill in a mini-bus with guys wearing
considerably more armour, we realised they were tackling some
considerably more gnarly descents than us. We stuck to the blues (like a
red level on normal bike park trails), but that was because we were
first timers at pure downhill and our bikes were two basic hardtails,
one XC full suspension. Despite this we had an excellent time and were
sad to leave. My older son had a crash, but the guys were great at
helping reassure him and he was soon back on the trails. Highly
recommended for people/families with older kids just getting into
downhill. We stayed at some stunning accommodation just outside Llan
Ffestiniog, very pretty, and only 5-10 minutes to Antur Stiniog (from
Llan Ffestiniog is just 15-20 minutes to other great mtg parks such as
Coed y Brenin, Penmachno and Gwydyr). We'll be back. Be careful though,
you'll be addicted to the rush!
“Repeat visit for gravity adventure”
"I have had a few visits to this wonderful place. It is the best mtb
uplift center around, it's varied skill level trails suitcase riders
with good quality bikes. Don't expect a glass smooth trails this is an
uplift center for dh/enduro bikes. If you have one of these however
prepare for getting quickest uplift I've used, super fast trails, a
national class black graded dh track and a fantastic cafe and
facilities. Oh and the staff are brilliant too, the older guy behind the
desk is very good with the deep heat if you fall off, as I did ;-)"
"Having never done downhill mountain biking before this was obviously something that we were apprehensive of doing. All keen cyclists however novices at downhill mountain biking!
The guys at Antur Stiniog were amazing, helpful and so very friendly. The bikes we hired were brilliant and easy to manoeuvre, together with helmets. We took our own knee and elbow pads but they let us borrow their more heavy duty kit also.
The weather was extremely cold for the Easter holidays, but the tracks were awesome! We booked a half day lift and managed 4 descents. It was exhilarating! Hard work, so be prepared but stunning views and a great way to spend such a special day!
Thank you Antur Stiniog!! A Welsh Gem!! Xxxx"
Reviewed 2 April 2015
To read more reviews click here.